Saturday, September 09, 2006

What a Deal!

Bubba and Billy Joe are walking down the street, and they see a sign
on a store which reads, "Suits $5.00 each, shirts $2.00 each,
trousers $2.50 each.

Bubba says to his pal, "Billy Joe, Look here! We could buy a whole
gob of these, take'em back to the holler, sell 'em to our friends, and make
a fortune. Just let me do the talkin' 'cause if they hear your accent, they might think we're ignorant, and not wanna sell that stuff to us.
Now, I'll talk in a slow Ohio drawl so's they don't know we is from West
Virginia."

They go in and Bubba says with his best fake Ohio drawl, "I'll take 50
of them suits at $5.00 each, 100 of them there shirts at $2.00 each, 50 pairs
of them there trousers at $2.50 each. I'll back up my pickup and....."

"The owner of the shop interrupts, "Ya'll from West Virginia, ain't ya?"

"Well...yeah," says a surprised Bubba.... "How come you knowed that?"

"Because this is a dry-cleaners."