Saturday, December 17, 2005

Fish Story

On Saturday morning I got up early to go fishing. I put on my
long johns, dressed quietly. I got my lunch made, grabbed the
dog and went to the garage to hook up the boat to the truck
and down the driveway I went.

Coming out of the garage, rain was pouring down; it was like a
torrential downpour. There was snow mixed in with the rain, and the wind is blowing 50 mph.

Minutes later, I returned to the garage.
I came back into the house and turned the TV to the weather channel.

I find it's going to be bad weather all day long, so I put the boat
back in the garage, quietly undress and slip back into bed.

There I cuddled up to my wife's back, now with a different
anticipation, and whispered, "The weather out there is terrible."

To which she sleepily replies, "Can you believe my
stupid husband is out fishing in that?"