Friday, April 20, 2007

The Most Popular Guy in the World

Ted and Hank walk into a fast food joint one afternoon to get lunch. Ted orders and the cashier gives him his meal. Hank goes up to order and the cashier greets him with "Hello Hank! How are you? Hey everybody! Hank's here!" Everybody in the restaurant comes up and says hello to Hank. After everyone has greeted him, Ted and Hank sit down and begin to eat.

"Hank, you're pretty popular!" says Ted. "I'm the most popular man in the world," says Hank.

"Now Hank," says Ted, your pretty popular but you're not the most popular man in the world."

"Oh yeah," Hank replies "I'll bet you a thousand dollars that I'm friends with anybody you can name!"

"That so?" answers Ted, "How about the President of the United States?"

"Let's go!" says Hank.

The two fly to Washington and knock on the front door of the White House. The president answers, "Hank! How are you doing? I haven't seen you in ages!" The three go play a round of golf and then leave.

"That was luck!" says Ted, "Two thousand says your not friends with the Queen of England!"

"Let's go!" says Hank.

The two fly to Buckingham Palace and, sure enough, are greeted by the Queen. ''Hello Hank my boy! What have you been up to these days?" They enter the palace and have some tea and leave.

Frustrated, Ted says, "Double or nothing, you don't know the Pope!"

"Benny!" says Hank, "Let's go!"

When they get to the Vatican, Hank instructs Ted to wait outside and Hank will come out on the balcony with his arm around the Pope. After a while, a crowd gathers to hear the Pope speak. And as told by Hank, when the Pope came out, Hank's arm was wrapped around him. Hank looks down from the balcony and see's Ted passed out on the ground. He rushes down and wakes him up.

"Ted! Ted! Wake up!" Ted opens his eyes and says,

"Hank. You're the most popular man in the world."

"I told you that, Ted," says Hank, "but you didn't faint when I knew the President! You didn't faint when I knew the Queen!"

"Well I was shocked that you knew the Pope," says Ted. "But I just couldn't take it when the guy next to me tapped me on the shoulder and said "Who's that up there with Hank?"